Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CSLA Conference 2007

It appears likely that my school will be paying for me to attend the California School Library Association's annual conference. This year it will be in the lower half of the state (and next year in the upper) in the city of Ontario.

This conference is actually more reasonably priced than others I have attended. And that is solely because of the cost of the hotel. The rooms are only $99 a night. Usually at these kinds of conferences, they are at least $50 more than that.

I am really looking forward to it. As it happens, it is a class assignment for my library media credential at Fresno Pacific University. Yes, you can do an alternative assignment, but this way sounds much better.

I might consider volunteering for something at the conference. That's usual a good way to meet people and to understand how this particular conference works.

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Yes! Volunteer for several different jobs at CSLA -- it is really a fun way to get to know people and to learn. Glad you will be there!

Enjoy!
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Tom said...

Thanks! I am looking forward to it. Should be fun. And, yes, I will be volunteering.

Tom