Thursday, October 18, 2007

Seek and Ye Shall Find

So there I was minding my own business and I decided to see how I could help out my professional association, the California School Library Association. Downstream you can see a few of the responses that I received to my question. Margaret Baker, district librarian for Selma Unified, saw me coming, and the next thing you know...

I have been appointed to be the Region 3 Representative for the Northern Section of CSLA (they being divided into two sections). This means that I am on the NS board.

Should I wish to continue in the position (and I suspect I will), I will need to run as a candidate this spring.

I haven't mentioned here, but it's all about the connection for me. There is real power in working together to create change.

4 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

So true! There is real power in collaboration for change.

Best wishes (and congratulations!)
- JackieS

Liz Dodds said...

Hooray for getting involved! Tehipite and the Northern Section are lucky to have you!

Tom said...

Thanks, Jackie. As it happens, I was once on the CATESOL state board (state organization for ESL/ELD teachers) and it is amazing what you can do when you work together.

Tom said...

Thanks, Liz! I hope that I have not bitten off more than I can chew. I think it will be fun, though.

And, of course, it's always nice to be asked.