There are so many reasons why I go, but some of the ones that come to mind for me are:
- Learning something new. I can assure you that I take something away from every presentation (although it isn't always what the presenter had in mind).
- Meeting people with shared experiences. We are a passionate bunch and they get me.
- Getting to spend time with the TLs from my district. Sometimes that can be harder than it sounds. Getting away makes it easier.
- Because I am CSLA and so are you. I am on the CSLA Northern Section board because I think there is strength in numbers.
- If my job is on the line, I know that people will come to demonstrate, write letters, and be supportive. These are those people.
- Free books on Saturday afternoon!
- The exhibits and getting to know the reps. Most of them I will never buy from, but it does give me the opportunity to see their wares.
And so much more. I encourage you to come to CSLA 2009. You will not be disappointed.