As some of you may know, the TLs in that district have perfected advocacy to an art form. They now have TLs at the elementary level and are working toward hitting CSLA's standard for personnel in libraries. This is not by accident.
Some of the pieces that worked for them at the site level:
- Contribute to daily or weekly bulletins
- Attend social events (even when not assigned)
- Be on School Site Council
- Attend parent meetings
Some of the things that worked for them on the district level included:
- Attendance at board meetings.
- Place action items on board agends.
- TL on the teacher's union board.
- TL on key district committees.
- Provide professional development on district level.
At the very end, Glen Warren from the Orange County Department of Education offered this quote that he heard: