His format is very straight-forward. "Here's a list of books. I am going to talk about that list of books until my time is up. There will not be time for questions."
It works. I see why people pay extra to attend the workshop. Yes, when I get home I will be purchasing a number of the books he showcased.
Since you are so nice, I will give you one of his lists called "Traditional" YA:
- The Possibilities of Sainthood (Donna Freitas)
- Peeled (Joan Bauer)
- Suite Scarlett (Maureen Johnson)
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks (E. Lockhart)
- Sunrise over Fallujah (Walter Dean Myers)
- Mexican White Boy (Matt de la Pena)
- How to Build a House (Dana Reinhart)
- He Forgot to Say Goodbye (Benjamin Alire Saenz)
- What they always tell us (Martin Wilson)