Thursday, March 12, 2009

Technology training for your staff, part 2

The training yesterday exceed my expectations. Thus far, our technology team has received much praise.

Why do I think that is? At least at our site (and, I expect, in many places), there is a real resistance to outside folks coming in and teaching us how to do things. Since we have local expertise, we should use local expertise. Colleagues teaching colleagues.

We had people stay beyond the agreed upon 45 minutes just to get more access to the equipment and more training.

I taught a group how to create websites. I used the templates from Scholastic. Simple and effective. I originally was going to use Google Sites, but I find it less intuitive than Google Pages and the goal was intuitive. I have a sub-group that would like to continue working on their websites. That's always nice!

No comments: