Friday, December 19, 2008

Give your blog away!

Yes, that is exactly what I mean! Give your blog to your teachers. No, not this blog. No, not your other blog.

The blog that you use for collaborating with teachers. I have been spending the last week working on a small careers project with my AVID teachers and students. As part of the project, students did research on careers and wrote short essays about said careers. I created a blog where students could post pre-research comments on careers I had chosen. Eventually, they also posted Post-research essays in the comments section.

See: AVID Careers at Tehipite

What usually happens in these circumstances is that the blog is abandoned. What I did was offer it to the AVID teachers to keep and use for the rest of this year and beyond.

My hope is that these teachers will post other assignments, have students begin to post, and more. The absolute worst thing that could happen is that it ends up abandoned.

Anything up from there is a victory.

No comments: